Friday, February 26, 2010

Tarceva is no picnic.

I was told that Tarceva might give me some tummy trouble.  Oh my.  Different from the kind of sick I was from chemo--not necessarily nausea--more like sour and upset tummy.  This disease really is the pits.  In order to fight it, I have to take things that make me feel like I'm dying.

I have permission to drive effective March 11.  That will give me 6 months seizure-free.  I'm not allowed to have anyone with me in the car while I'm driving, and I'm only allowed to drive a heavy car.  I guess if I have a seizure no one in the car will get hurt.  Just the folks outside.

Mark and I had been looking at the Audi Q7 Diesel.  We walked away from what we thought was a not good deal on one a few months back.  And then Mark made one of those cancer husband statements while we were in the car driving home from my first hospital stay (for cancer): "As soon as they tell you that you can drive again, I'm getting you that Audi!"

OK, I'm ready to go shopping.

7 comments:

Rosie said...

I'm glad to hear that you are holding up well. You are so strong!!
So your finally going to get your Audi!!! Yeah to bad we wouldn't be able to go for a drive together!
Thinking of you always!

susanna said...

http://www.cancercompass.com/message-board/message/all,43461,0.htm

I know you probably have your own resources, but here is a site where people talk about managing the SE's.

I hope you get your Audi soon!

Sherry said...

Ooooh, I love my Audi, and I know you will love yours too! I'm sorry the Tarceva is giving you a bad stomach. I wonder if my panacea, ginger tea, would help? Hang in there!

nmosquera said...

That will make three of us driving an Audi! ((hugs)) I hate that the medicine is as bad as the disease. So not fair. Love you!

Sweetypye said...

Oh Elena as hard as this is, you are my hero for doing it all!! (((hugs)))

Unknown said...

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry you are suffering with misery tummy!! It's such a beautiful day here today and I was sitting here working and thinking of you..... Geez, how much do we hate that the cure bites worse than the sickness!!! Bleh on that!! We loooove you!! Coco has been asking about Xavi and Ivy so hoping we might come see you soon????

Auburnin said...

Glad to hear about your progress in the fight. I dance weekly (http://spiritweaves.com) and visualize you frequently dancing at your kids' weddings, so that energy is out there for you! We miss you!
Rob