Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Morning at our house

I've received permission to be alone with my children for short periods of time.  This frees Mark to be able to leave in the morning before the nanny arrives. He's been going to a yoga class in the morning which I know makes a huge difference in his mood.

Mark is very concerned about my use of my herbal medicine--MJ.  I guess I have been heading back toward addiction.  Once an addict always an addict.  Regardless of the reasons I am using it, it's a drug that I love and I'm loving it a little too much.  So I haven't inhaled any vapors today (I don't smoke it--I use a vaporizer) and am going to try to use it only when there is preexisting nausea.  I have been using MJ to prevent the nausea from starting (it's very effective for that).  I'm not ready to give it up yet.  Addiction, addiction, addiction.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Right now QOL is more important than the potential pitfalls of addiction.If you were flying a commercial jet maybe a bad idea, but you are quite literally fighting for your life and the right to remain as a mother and wife. In my humble opinion if MJ helps with the nausea, relieves pain or discomfort and leaves you still able to function and communicate with loved ones, then it does not sound like a bad thing. I would however, let your onc know so she can make sure it is not contraindicated with other meds that you are taking. Once you have kicked cancer into a tiny corner or out of your life you can address any addiction issues that might remain.

Hugs to you lady.

nmosquera said...

I completely agree with Suz. Not to be the angel on the other shoulder saying "Do" to counter Mark's "Don't" - just - geez, in the scheme of things it really does NOT seem like such a bad thing.

Unknown said...

One more thing - anti-nausea meds work best to prevent nausea, they are not nearly as effective in making it go away. So if MJ helps prevent and/or relieve your nausea, you might qualify to get and use it for medical purposes. It probably costs less than the anti-emetics.

Gabrielle said...

I don't know anything about MJ, but if it is not harmful to be addicted to it, then I am with Susanna....use it to relieve and worry about the addiction later. Many hugs, Elena.

MammaMia said...

I understand your struggle to not let the MJ take over your life, even if it is for a perfectly valid use and nothing else fills that niche. Stay strong in any way you can.

Anonymous said...

(((((HUGE HUGS)))))

Unknown said...

I agree with Susanna for what it is worth and I am sending you big green love from Brasil where I went into remission. I would love to bring you here when dr. permits a trip to paradise... love you babycakes! micheline

Unknown said...

I agree with Susanna for what it is worth and I am sending you big green love from Brasil where I went into remission. I would love to bring you here when dr. permits a trip to paradise... love you babycakes! micheline