Sunday, September 27, 2009

Family Sunday

My desire today was for a family swimming pool outing. Luckily these days I pretty much get everything I want.  I had Xavi in a pretty radical swim class this summer (they taught him how to swim like a fish in 5 days) and I want him to keep up his skill.  So we went here.  I'm almost afraid to share about it because I want it all to ourselves.










The kids had a blast swimming. Clara made some friends her age--turns out we knew the parents so we left her behind with them. Perfect.

Look at me, I wrote two whole paragraphs without talking about cancer.

I got asked about my prognosis today by a friend. First time someone has asked. I answered honestly. We haven't asked and no one has told us. I know that I am expected to get through 4-6 chemo treatments with one every 3 weeks. I told my oncologist that I would like to do my daughter's hair for her prom and she said, "Let's work on that."

I am starting to have some feelings other than shock. So far mostly depression and I need to get out of that! I need that fierce feeling, but to be honest, the fierce feeling just ain't here right now.

5 comments:

christy said...

Elena, thanks for sharing so deeply and sweetly from your heart.....our life paths have intertwined for several years. You and Mark will always live in my heart when I met you at the Ojai retreat with Micheline. We were all three in a similar place with loss.

I am here for you and your family in any capacity I am needed.

Your fierceness will come and go....follow it and always know that you are moving toward living your life fully with heart and love as your foundation. My Dad was diagnosed with an incurable leukemia 24 years ago; he is a miracle alive to this day. There remains no cure for the type of leukemia he had....anything is possible.

I know you will go for it with as much passion and energy that you live your life......love and light, christy

Sweetypye said...

Elena
I think of you all everyday, and I wish so much I could be there with you everyday!! I hope you can talk to someone that has the been there done that kinda understanding. My mom found a support group and it made all the diffence. There are some great groups and there maybe a group for mark to. As you ride the wave of emotions, just know all you have to do is keep your head above it. You are CRAZY strong and I know you can make it through HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS

Gabrielle said...

Aw, sure. Share about Annenberg now that they are closed until NEXT YEAR. Actually, I knew about it when they opened, but then never tried to go because I heard it was always packed. I bet this was the perfect weekend to go. I am so glad you enjoyed.

Many hugs and love to you and Mark.

Ellen said...

You're turning me on to new things to go AND sharing your life with me! Thanks for being you.

Christine Voth said...

Aw hon...sadly, you know this drill...up one day, down the next. One roller-coaster ride after another... (((hugs))) It is a grief in and of itself, dealing with cancer. I used to call it our 'social disease' because of how it affected everyone around us in such different ways. You've got good society hon. :) Keep leaning on us.

Love ya!