Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Things are Looking Better

Sorry for the wait. I had CT scans yesterday of torso and pelvis, and brain MRI.  Had bone scan today.  Finally heard from my oncologist around 8P which is good because she is leaving on a plane tomorrow.


She says everything looks better. My bones are healing, my liver tumors are smaller, the lung tumor is smaller.  The only thing that didn't come back (because the report has not been written up yet! Rrrrrrrr) was the brain MRI. But I'm assuming that since everything else is responding, the brain tumors are still gone.  Leaving me with a swiss cheese brain, hence the continued cognitive difficulties.


Which reminds me....Finally bought the bigger car to get my neurologist off of my back.  Ended up with a Toyota Highlander Hybrid.  I just couldn't bring myself to pay more than that.  It's nice. It's no Audi Q7, but a little bird told me that those were having problems.


People are still honking at me, but I think it's because I am driving too slowly. And I haven't even come close to hitting any pedestrians lately.


I will update on the brain MRI when I hear, but the upshot is that we are outrunning the cancer for now. And to top it all off, I feel great!

15 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Elena,

I am so happy to read this!! Not only are things looking better, but you are feeling great. YAY!! Much love and continued healing sent your way :)

Love,
Deb

Beryl said...

Against a powerhouse like you? Cancer didn't stand a chance. So glad you are feeling better.

Sweetypye said...

that is a great update lady!!!

Ellen said...

Great news, Elena! Glad you are getting your health and your life back. Have a great summer in Carolina.

Rosie said...

great to hear! Can't wait to check out the car! Let me know when you get back from N.C. so that we can have a playdate.

Michael Brooks said...

Sabrina & I are so happy for you. Keep it up!

Good move on the Highlander, btw.

- Michael

Julie said...

Fantastic!

Here is the hair link I mentioned:
http://www.happygirlhair.com/

Love to you.....

Unknown said...

Wow! This is amazing news! It makes me so happy!
Marty

Rhonda said...

Yay, Elena! I'm so glad things are looking up!
xoxo
Rhonda
ps
They're only honking because you're so cute

Grisel said...

Elena I am so happy to hear the great news! So happy in fact that I had to create an account here so I could respond. Take care of yourself and your family.

Unknown said...

this is wonderful news! Happy summer!

Family4You said...

Simply amazing news E! Great to hear you are doing so well... atta go girl!

nmosquera said...

Fabulous - amazing - WONDERFUL!!!!

Kimberly L said...

These last two updates are awesome! Cancer is tough but you are tougher and smarter! The only other thing I want to say is so corny but true, you go girl!

Much Love & Prayers,
Kimberly

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to see that you posted a new comment. I have been going through the challenges of cancer from my Mom's 3 brothers and 2 sisters and 3 other people close to me. Elena, I pray for you every day. Your children are soooo lucky to have you and I hope you are there for them for a very long time. Their lot in life is to have the best of you and learn the best from you as I know how you love them from the short conversations in the elevators to and from meetings we have had about our kids. I wish you the best and know that if anyone can get the best, it is you. Hugs and love. Tracey Smith Baumert